VIP Networking Round-table Dinner provides the opportunities for students to communicate with professionals, hear first-hand experience from industry leaders, and learn about career aspirations from peers.
Attendees are able to view the list of professionals in advance and decide on their top table choices via registration.
Director of Student Academic Service
Department of Accounting and Information Systems
• Professor Lynne spent 8 years working with Career Services and Placement specializing in business placement and supervising campus recruiting and employer services. Lynne has a close relationship with BCBS. She is always eager to help international students build up resumes, explore career options, and look for job opportunities.
Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting
• Dr. Zhang is an experienced management consultant at Deloitte Consulting, Strategy Practice. She serves clients primarily in the life science, chemical and automotive industries. Her work focuses on operational model development, growth & corporation strategy, merger & acquisition and commercialization effectiveness.
• Dr. Zhang holds a BS degree in Chemistry from Peking University and a PhD degree in Chemistry from the University of Pennsylvania.
BROAD CHINA BUSINESS SOCIETY
2016 MICHIGAN CHINA FORUM
2016 Michigan China Forum is hosted and organized by Broad China Business Society (BCBS). The ultimate goal for this event is to provide students who are interested in investing and finance the opportunities to learn from experienced professionals in these areas from both global and local perspectives.
We are going to have six guest speakers from Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, Steelcase Inc. Domino's Pizza International, Inc., etc. to present and share with us about their investing strategies, business insights, global business experience and financial knowledges, and we also love to see speakers, professors and students join the discussion related to the industry trends, current issues and unique opinions.
The Eli and Edythe L. Broad Dean of the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University
• Professor Gupta's research focuses on corporate and individual tax policy issues, including corporate tax burdens, corporate responses to changes in tax incentives, and the interaction of taxes and financial reporting. He has published in leading tax and accounting journals including the National Tax Journal, The Accounting Review, the Journal of Accounting & Economics, the Journal of Law and Economics, the Journal of the American Taxation Association, and Tax
Notes. His research on the political economy of corporate taxation and state corporate tax issues has been cited in the media and at public policy forums.
Vice President, Finance for Steelcase North America
Treasurer, Steelcase Inc.
• Gary Malburg is vice president of Finance for
Steelcase North America and treasurer for Steelcase Inc.,
the global leader in the office furniture industry. Gary is
responsible for the treasury function, including
corporate capital structure, treasury services, risk
management, billing services and credit.
• In addition, Gary is also president of Steelcase
Financial Services Inc., a position to which he was
promoted in June 2002. Steelcase Financial Services Inc.
is a wholly owned subsidiary of Steelcase Inc. and is
primarily in the business of providing customer
• Gary earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in accounting from Michigan State University in Lansing, Mich. He is a certified public accountant.
Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley
• The Pope Group at Morgan Stanley is a family team with over 80 years of collective investment experience managing assets for professionals, families and businesses around Metro Detroit
and throughout the United States. We focus our efforts on identifying and solidifying clients' goals, crafting a personalized financial plan, and providing tailored recommendations to help meet long term goals
Location: Riverside Room,
Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center
Time: 6:00PM - 8:00PM
Tickets: $27 on Eventbrite
Investing | Finance | Globalization
Professor, Director, Hospitality Business Real Estate Investment Management, Hilton Hotels Fellow
• A.J. Singh is the Professor of International
Lodging, Finance and Real Estate Finance in The
School of Hospitality Business. He has co-authored
four textbooks, on International Hotel Management
(2008) and Hospitality Asset Management (2009,
• Dr. Singh was jointly responsible for the
establishment of The Hospitality Business Real Estate
Investment Management Minor in The School of
Hospitality Business at Michigan State University.
• He is an active member of HAMA (Hospitality
Asset Managers Association) CHRIE (Council of Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education) and AHFME (Association of Hospitality Financial Management Educators) ISHC (International Society of Hospitality Consultants) and ULI (Urban Land Institute).
• Dr. Singh's has over 15 years of hospitality business experience in various management positions in the USA and India. He has worked for Oberoi Hotels, Stouffer Hotels, Hyatt Hotels and Laventhol & Horwath.
Program Leader, International Finance and Strategic Analysis at Domino's Pizza International, Inc.
• Mr. Jon Richards has broadly experienced finance leader with 18+ years of growth across multiple industries, and he has strong record of performance in financial analysis, financial management, business plan development, project leadership, strategic planning, and team development.
• Mr. Jon Richards is specialized in International business, financial management, budget and forecast, financial reporting and business consulting.